Friday, April 19, 2013

necessity

It's not the most fun part, but it is most essential. Writing up my proposal for a workshop I'd like to teach in Seattle.

But how to write up "using it all, or as much as you can!"? I love the little sweet nothing's I've dubbed the Pouches (sometimes the Pooches) and always start there. But my imagination runs wild as I cut the fabric and find out what it wants to be made into. I let the fabrics tell me as I go along. Where does that seam belong? What kind of closure do you want? What do you want to be used as?

Trying to convey in words and images that going into any project you might have one thing you know you want to make (& make as many of as you have fabric-for me it's the Pooches) is tricky and not near as fun as playing with the garments, but a necessity.




No comments:

Post a Comment